Friday, June 29, 2018

Day 11 Lexapro

The scale cooperated today and once again spewed forth the delightful 171.8 reading.  Yay!  Here's hoping it drops a bit more for tomorrow's weigh in at Weight Watchers.  Although if I have a loss similar to last week's Friday to Saturday drop, I'll have lost a whopping half pound or perhaps less than that.  Still, it's something.  I'm also noticing that my stomach and backside have become smaller, which is a huge plus when it comes to wearing the clothes I already own.  When I hit the mid-160's, most of my clothes should fit me pretty well.

My current short-term weight goal is to go below 170, and I'll reach that in two parts as I'll doubtless hit it on the home scale well prior to the Weight Watchers scale.  After that, it will be 165, and so forth.  Five pounds at a time, that's all.  It's do-able.  I hope.

Speaking of the potential fly in my ointment, I seem to be falling asleep more quickly than I had been on the Lexapro, although I'm still not entirely sure if it's the wine or just the growing accustomed to the medication that's doing the trick.  Still, sleep is good so I'm not going to complain about it.  Also, my cold appears to be improving slowly but surely.  I took the stupid wedge off my bed last night and actually managed to stay asleep without any noticeable coughing.  That's a relief, as if things hadn't started to improve I would have gone in to the doctor with a potential secondary infection.  Antibiotics aren't going to do jack with a cold virus, but with actual for-real bronchitis or sinusitis, they're quite helpful.

My plan to actually lose the weight and keep it off, which I've been working to accomplish for some time, is to kill off the emotional eating (hence finally biting the bullet and moving to an anti-depressant as counseling alone didn't cut it), and get to a place where my food intake and energy output are equalized at a level I can reasonably sustain for the rest of my life.  Part of that right now involves tricking my feeble brain with "points" rather than calories.  I'm good with that.

Sometimes I wonder if it's smart to keep putting this all out there.  I mean, if I truly didn't care about anyone reading this, I'd still be keeping my sad little musings in a Word document like I have been for the past three years.  For some reason, though, the thought that this might drift out onto the internet somewhere and give someone either a moment of laughter, thought, or even the realization that it's freaking OKAY to use medication to alleviate depression, and it's not necessarily an automatic pass to obesity-ville makes the decision to actually hit "publish" worth it to me.

Or not.  That's fine too.  Regardless, weigh-in day is tomorrow so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...