Saturday, June 9, 2018

What?

Well, I had a heck of a wake-up call when I headed into my first Weight Watchers meeting in years today... 184 pounds. Uhm, ouch.

Before anyone asks, yes I know how weight loss works. I know that if your caloric intake exceeds your energy expenditure, the pounds pile on. And anyone who wants to say I'm weak, well, have at it. It's not as if I can stop you. And frankly, you can bite me if you want to get all judgmental on my ass... not that there isn't room, apparently.

In addition to having put on a crapload of weight (fifty pounds from my all-time low, forty pounds from my current long-term goal), I've recently been diagnosed with clinical depression. That's a thrill in and of itself (not), since it requires that I start anti-depressants for medication and one common side effect of anti-depressants happens to be... you guessed it, weight gain. Obviously, this is a side effect I don't exactly need, especially at this moment.

Thankfully, the relationship between anti-depressants and weight gain isn't as clear-cut as our many visits to Dr. Google might have one believe, so I have hope this whole "let's try eating reasonable foods rather than faceplanting into a bag of Doritos" method turns out to be helpful. Let the battle of Weight Watchers vs. Lexapro commence.

Next weigh-in will be coming to you in a week, and I'll post sooner if I have anything more to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...