Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Day 29 Lexapro

Scale said 171.6 today.  Again.  At least it isn't 172.2.  I remember hitting this "wall" back when I was working to get below 150 back in 2010/ 2011, and being so aggravated with the bouncing around.  Admittedly, I kind of feel a bit like that now, but I also realize that this particular week/ couple of weeks, it's due to my consumption that I'm not losing.  This week I'm tracking scrupulously, and I hope that my compliance will be rewarded Saturday on the scale.  I'd like a loss, but even getting back to where I was the week before last would be great.

There is a niggling fear in the back of my mind that the Lexapro is somehow going to halt or slow my weight loss progress, but the relationship between SSRI's and weight loss is a bit iffy.  There is certainly a correlation and anecdotal evidence abounds; however, correlation does not equal causation and anecdotes do not equal data, so I'm going to keep plugging away and ensure that I'm in a caloric deficit.  The only way to accomplish that is to be scrupulous in reporting my food intake, so that is what I will do.

The remaining two side effects from the Lexapro appear to be diminishing.  There is still some reflux, as well as some insomnia issues, but the reflux is much improved, and it's becoming easier for me to get to sleep.  I think I got nearly or exactly eight hours last night, which was beyond awesome during the work week!  We went out briefly (I fed the snakes, and I needed wine after that); when we got home I headed straight for the shower and then into bed.  I think I would have fallen asleep more quickly, but my husband came to bed and we chatted briefly before we once again zoned out.

Still, eight hours!  Yay :)

My food continues on the same path it has been.  Yesterday was a Subway/ Chipotle day... and wine day.  Today I brought my food from home, and I'm continuing with my same Boar's Head Fest I've been on since the get-go.  Breakfast is a 1 SmartPoint whole wheat tortilla with two eggs along with a little ham and under an ounce of provolone cheese in addition to tomato, onion, pickles, banana peppers, and jalapenos.  Lunch is another 1 SP tortilla with 3 oz. jerk turkey, under an ounce of chipotle gouda cheese, a bit of honey mustard, and the same veggie toppings as breakfast.

Oh, and with breakfast I had a small/ medium (I think small -- this sucker was tiny) banana.  Lunch I'll have a pile of strawberries.  Bananas are a daily food for me, and I go for the smaller ones at the store because even though they're a zero point food, they still have calories and I like to be cautious with how many calories I'm consuming especially with fruit.  Strawberries aren't so much of a worry because berries are inherently a lower calorie fruit, but I still watch my portions.

I am hopeful I'll feel more like cooking this weekend, because I'd like to make the black bean turkey chili verde my family loves, and which I enjoy as well.  The chili itself is zero points, and toppings (avocado, 2% cheese, reduced fat sour cream) will be where the points come in.  I may just go for avocado to top it, as the dairy I think would be overkill... plus, caloric deficit here.  I'll see how spicy it is.  Regardless, I don't think I need both cheese and the sour cream considering my current nutritional goals.  Do they taste good?  Sure.  But they're not a necessity for me to enjoy the meal.

I just checked, and half of a Haas avocado comes up to 4 SmartPoints.  I can live with that.  It's 140 calories which, on top of a 300 calorie bowl of chili, will still clock lunch in at 440 - 500 calories, depending on whether or not I toss a few strawberries into the mix.  Add that to my 500 calorie breakfast, and I've still got 200 - 300 calories I can play with for dinner.  That may not sound like a lot, but I tend to eat much more lightly in the evenings anyway.  There's just not much time to cook and sit around.  I'll occasionally make fish (there was a fabulous Parmesan crusted tilapia I did last week) or something fast, but even so it usually doesn't top 300 calories.

Anyway, enough blathering.  Yipes, those of you reading my stream-of-consciousness, bless you.  I know one or two folks appear to be checking in here and there, and you're appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...