Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Day 30 Lexapro

Wow, it's been a month on Lexapro!  Okay, not exactly a month.  Not on full strength, but it's close.  The reflux (I've been fixating on it in the last 24 hours or so) is unfun still.  I don't think it's as bad as it was in the beginning, but it's still not awesome, and at this point I think it's here to stay so I may need to explore something to calm it down.

The insomnia, as it still stands, is something I can live with.  I've adapted my caffeine consumption, and that combined with just getting into bed and staying there is doing enough to ensure I get a decent night's sleep.

One thing I've really appreciated about going on Lexapro is that I'm not having the insane emotional eating urges I'd been having for the past two years or so.  It's amazing.  This is not to say I always make good food choices (hello, baklava), but it's helpful when my occasional off-roading is just that:  occasional.  Or at least a deliberate choice rather than some unhinged gorge-fest.

I have no idea what my weigh-in will look like this Saturday.  I'm sure I could tweak it by wearing my knit skirt again (lighter-weight clothing for the win!) and only having one cup of coffee prior to heading in to the meeting, but I'm not going to play that game.  I think I'll just go in my denim leggings and a tunic top, like I did last Saturday.  That's a more normal outfit for me to wear on a day-to-day basis anyway.  Plus, like I said, I was getting tired of wearing that skirt Every. Single. Week.

Other news?  Not much.  I did a wine tasting last night that unfortunately involved pizza (y'all, it's a rural area), so I'm not entirely certain of the damage I've wrought on my week nutrition-wise.  I am, however, going to try to log that stuff for yesterday so I can get my weekly allowance points taken care of.  At this point, I'm very much afraid I'm in the negatives.  NOT AWESOME, AMANDA.

Sigh.  Pizza and baklava.  There are days when I'm convinced I might as well just duct tape my food to my hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...