Monday, July 23, 2018

Day 35 Lexapro - Sometimes it's TOTALLY About the Scale

Saturday the scale said 170.0 -- yay!!!  And because I actually lost weight this week, I gave myself a break and didn't do the 40-minute round trip to my Weight Watchers meeting.  If I'd gained, I would have gone.  I did last week.  But I lost, and I've been over and over, and in spite of the lovely "X-number of meetings in a row!" awards they have, sometimes I just need a break.  I'm not going to prioritize those.  I will, however, prioritize consistent attendance and definite attendance when the scale isn't behaving as I'd like.

Something I keep meaning to try to do here is list three new things I'm happy about each day.  I did it one day last week or the week before, and totally forgot about it because I'm lame like that :P  However, I put a reminder on a post-it note and it's only taken me like five more days to actually remember to look at the post-it (it's literally two inches below the bottom of my computer monitor) and forge ahead, so here goes.
  • I'm happy my older son is more than capable of getting up on his own in plenty of time to be where he should be.  This may seem minor and maybe even a bit overdue since he's already finished his first year of college and all, but considering his younger brother is still struggling with the whole "waking up in a timely manner" thing, I am super appreciative of this aspect of the elder offspring's ever-increasing maturity.
  • I'm happy that in spite of my poor husband having to do colonoscopy prep yesterday that he handled it with almost insane levels of humor.  It ended with him saying he might as well just toss the Dulcolax in the toilet because it wasn't going to stay in him long enough to dissolve anyway.  I had to laugh -- not at his suffering, because ugh, but because he's just hilarious and I adore him :)
  • I'm also happy I got a new clarifying shampoo the other day, and it worked amazingly well when I washed my hair last night!  I know, petty, but with the amount of product I use on my hair regardless of whether I'm trying to encourage it to curl or I'm trying to straighten it, clarification is necessary at times to remove product and environmental buildup.  It's important for any hair, but especially hair as grey-to-white as mine, because I don't want any hint of yellow about it.
So anyway, that's about it for today :)  Scale is down, food is on point after a weekend of some indulgence, and everything is on track.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...