Friday, July 20, 2018

Day 32 Lexapro, and It's Not Always About the Scale

Good morning, everyone!  Well, all one or two of you.  Bless your hearts.

This morning the scale said I weighed 170.6 pounds.  It's not the first time I've seen that weight, but I believe it's the first time I've seen 170-point-something on a Friday rather than a Saturday.  I think the trendline is going down and that makes me happy :)

Now that I've gone on about the scale, of course this is the post I chose to add "it's not always about the scale" to the title.  But I've had a couple of good things happen already just today outside of the scale cooperating!  One, when I put on my outfit for today, the shirt (a tunic-style t-shirt type of thing) actually draped over my body rather than clinging to my thighs, which then necessitates me trying to stretch it out over my extremely pear-shaped self.  The scale may still be hopping around the same place, but my body is changing and for that I am so incredibly grateful.

The second thing is my food.  Today at work Those Who Sign My Paychecks had me pick up a platter of Chicken Minis from The Restaurant I Do Not Go to on My Own Dime, as well as a dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme.

Yum.  All of it.  Even the food from That Place.

So rather than eat a literal serving of chicken minis (which would be four), I instead had one, then pitched the little buns from the other three.  It's not a perfect solution, but it cut down on the processed carbs quite a bit.

Well, that and it left me room for a donut.  Because donuts.

I'm sure there are those who would be horrified "OMG she's on a diet and she's eating freaking donuts!  Who does she think she's kidding?"  Well, no one.  I recorded what I ate, and even if I didn't, my body would know.  I wouldn't eat this daily, nor even weekly.  But it's a rarity I get chicken minis, and just as much of a rarity that I get to have warm Krispy Kreme, so I went for it in a manner I could live with.  I'll do me, you do you, life is good.

Besides, it's not like this blog is monetized or really has a readership, so I'm not trying to deliberately stay overweight to continue any sort of income or marketing plan.  I write so I have something to look back on, and to give me some measure of accountability.  Note that by "some measure" I don't mean "please, comment and tell me I'm a moron" because y'all, I will censor the shit out of that.  It will leave.  Yes, even if it's my first comment ever.  Instead, by "some measure" I mean I feel I should post and at least state what I've eaten, because if I'm not thrilled with my choices I'm not going to want to put it out here on the internet for everyone to see.  I have to consider if what I'm eating is something I really want to 'fess up to.

Eh, it works for me.

Anyway, the rest of the day food-wise will be pretty normal.  I didn't have my usual breakfast sandwich so I've eaten all of the tomato I usually slice for both breakfast and lunch, barring the two slices I have held back for my lunch sandwich.  I also had a banana along with my nutritionally questionable breakfast.  Lunch is my standard tortilla/ turkey/ light cheese sandwich with a side of cherries today (I ran out of strawberries), and dinner will be whatever dinner will be.  Light, regardless.

At any rate, that's it.  Here's hoping tomorrow's weigh in isn't too awful, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...