Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Mellow Mushroom

Okay y'all, I usually don't post twice in one day, but Mellow Mushroom is happening tomorrow night so I've been looking at calories/ SmartPoints for MM and HOLY CATS!!!  The pizza I like (Magical Mystery Tour, which is no longer on the menu but is awesome beyond words and they'll still make as a special order) is SEVENTEEN SMART POINTS.  500 CALORIES.  FOR ONE SLICE.

Uhm... no.  That's not happening tomorrow night.  But if I get the Chef's Salad, add a double topping of chicken, and even go with spicy ranch dressing, I'm clocking in right at 300 calories and 9 points.

Nine points still doesn't tickle me, but it's not seventeen, and the meal will be more filling than a single slice of pizza.

Plus, in my world, I do not eat just one slice of pizza, like, ever.  I don't deny myself anything when I'm concentrating on losing weight, but I am more than happy to put it off to a more appropriate day.  Considering weigh-in is Saturday, I am not consuming a thousand calories of pizza less than 48 hours prior.

That said, I did find a recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust that clocks in at 50 calories a slice, so I'm considering a DIY faux "Magical Mystery Tour" pizza for another day... in moderation, these things can work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...