Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Day 2 Lexapro

Well, yesterday went well on the Lexapro front, more or less.  The good thing is that it appears to shut off the endless loop in my brain that ratchets my anxiety higher.  Is this how normal people area?  If so, I totally get the appeal.  I don't like to dwell on negative things, but sadly my brain doesn't cooperate with me in that regard so I find myself mentally wallowing in an absolute cesspool about which I can do nothing, and frankly being able to remove myself from it is freaking fantastic.

Current side effects are notably insomnia (I couldn't fall asleep for probably two hours last night, and then I woke up repeatedly through the night), reflux (annoying, but livable at the moment), and a bit of light-headedness that seems to just about verge on turning into a headache.  Oh, and dry mouth.  That's fun (not :P  ). 

Also there appears to be a bit of a digestive impact as well.  Not to get too detailed, but I weighed myself this morning and when it showed up as 176, I wasn't shocked.  I know my food intake this workweek has been good, and I know exactly what has caused it:  fluid and food retention.

My doctor says all these obnoxious issues should resolve themselves within the month, so we shall see.  Regardless, for the peace of mind I'm currently having, no matter how cloudy it happens to be, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...