Thursday, June 21, 2018

Day 3 Lexapro

The nice thing about running through titles marking days of taking Lexapro is that I don't have to get at all creative.  This is an added bonus due to the fact that currently my head is fuzzy as all get-out, either due to the antidepressant in my system or the cold I'm working on.

Yep, I've got a cold in addition to wrangling side effects from a new medication.  Lovely :P

Anyway, yesterday went well.  I've noticed the anti-anxiety effects of Lexapro show up between 40 and 50 minutes after I've taken the medication.  It's as if this little switch in my head gets thrown, and it shuts down the endless negative loops that I otherwise have difficulty silencing.  Now if I want to concentrate on an unpleasant situation, I still can, but right now if I do it to excess it's on me rather than my brain's weird circuitry.

I'll be starting the full 10mg on Monday; up until this point I've been taking half a pill per my doctor's instructions, so I'm sure there'll be another adjustment period as the new dosage ramps up next week.  An interesting side effect is my dreams are beyond weird.  I had one last night that we got a new thermometer (we needed one) and my fever was at 99.9.  Imagine my disappointment when I woke up to realize there was no new thermometer and unless I felt several degrees more shitty that I had to go on into work!  Oh well, it's all good.  When I go in, I don't use up sick hours; it's just that I'm currently exhausted due to the insomnia from the Lexapro, and I can't exactly call in tired.

In other news, I got on the scale this morning and it read 173.8, which is a new low for my weight since I restarted Weight Watchers.  Yay :)  So at this point at least I'm not seeing any verifiable scale effects from the Lexapro.  I feel good about that.  We'll see what the verdict is tomorrow and Saturday, when I weigh in on the WW scale.

I just want it to be down. I'm good if it's not even a pound (especially since I'll likely be wearing something heavier than I was last week), I just want that scale moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...