Friday, June 22, 2018

Day 4 Lexapro

I know I've mentioned I'm enjoying the totally non-stressful naming convention I've got going on here, but lest it be lost:  it's freaking awesome not to have to stress over post titles :P

And yes, I emoticon.  I try not to because we've been communicating via written word for hundreds of years without inserting little comics into the page, but sometimes I'm lazy/ it's faster and I just go for it.  Sadly, I was an English major... so yes, there's the tiniest twinge of reflexive guilt that I'm not using all my descriptive skills appropriately, but when I reflect on how often there are some people who are determined to misunderstand you no matter how well you use your words, I get over it really quickly.

Anyway!  For the Lexapro report, many of the side effects seem to be dying down at the moment.  Dry mouth isn't as obvious, my head isn't as squirrley (although I'm still a bit fuzzy), and my snark level has dialed up significantly since Tuesday.  Sleep is still fractured, with difficulty falling asleep as well as difficulty staying asleep.  On the plus side, I may wake up multiple times during the night, but at least when I collapse back into bed I'm out like a light again rather than blinking my eyes at my clock for hours.  It's far from the worst it could be.

My eating this week has been good since the weekend passed, and even over the weekend it wasn't atrocious.  I still have 3 of my weekly points left, and I've been eating appropriately.  The scale this morning still reflected 173.8, which is fine.  I can't expect a loss every day.  I've calculated the calories I'm consuming as well as points, and I'm consistently between 1200 and 1400, which is one of my best ranges for losing weight.  I usually just deal with the points, but I like to check in on the actual calorie count of the foods I eat also, lest I go crazy with fruit or something.  The SmartPoints program is nice in that I really don't feel as if I'm suffering at all; however, it's good for me to keep a finger on the pulse of my actual energy intake.

Tomorrow is my official Weight Watchers weigh-in, so here's hoping!  Then Monday I start on the full 10 mg of Lexapro... which means an uptick in the stupid side effects.  Oh well, I'll deal -- they're far, far superior to my brain going into overdrive.  It's well worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...