Monday, June 25, 2018

Day 7 Lexapro

Today is my first dose of 10mg of Lexapro, so I foresee another resurgence of the side effects I previously experienced (dry mouth, headache) and/ or an increase in those I'm still experiencing (insomnia).  Y'all, I am so tired I'd give almost anything for a solid full night's sleep, but between the side effects from Lexapro and the lovely case of bronchitis I'm fighting I just don't see it happening any time soon.  It may actually be unfair for me to blame my sleep issues on the Lexapro at this point, as what seems to keep awakening me is the endless damn coughing.  Yucko.

In the world of weight loss, I'm down another 1.4 pounds (per Weight Watchers) putting me at a grand total of 8.2 pounds lost.  Or if you look at my home scale it's over 10 pounds, but whatever.  The WW scale put me at 175.6 down from 177 the week prior, and I'm tickled to have dropped weight during my first week of this medication.  My weight at home tends to be lower (clothes, shoes, different scale, etc.), but as long as the scales are moving in the right direction I'll deal.  To be frank, this morning my weight was up which surprised me a bit until I considered that I'd had a bit more sodium yesterday than usual, so this outcome isn't out of line.

All in all, at the moment I'm happy with the way things are going.  I like that my weekly FlexPoints gives me room to have foods that are higher point values (brownies!  wine!) that I otherwise avoid, but still put a limit on consumption.  I know I can only eat so many brownies or drink so much wine (especially now that I'm limited to a single glass of wine with the Lexapro, per my doctor), but it's good to have that FlexPoints balance decrease so I know when to put the brakes on.  I used to be really good at that, but after some ridiculous elimination diets and crazy food restrictions, my "normal meter" for eating got a bit off-kilter, and I've spent probably the past five years trying to recalibrate that sucker.  If it means I need to use a tool like Weight Watchers to do so, fine.  It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...