Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Day 9 Lexapro

Oh blessed sleep!  I actually managed to stay under most of the night last night.  My cough is improving (I think), plus I had a glass of wine to assist with matters.  Shoot, at this point I'll do whatever I can to remain unconscious.  But then I had to pry myself out of bed at 4:30 AM, which wasn't helped by the fact that my husband was, erm... having an "extended stay" in our master bath, and I needed to go.  Of course we do have a second bathroom, but it's the boys' bathroom and unless it's just been cleaned... erm, yeah.  I don't go in there.  They're 15 and 19 and pretty well domesticated -- in fact, they're the ones in charge of cleaning their own bathroom -- but if I go in there I start scanning for deficiencies in their housekeeping and honestly, who has time for that?  As long as it's not a health hazard, I need to just let it go unless we're having company.

All that to say I had to wait to get up to go potty :P

Anyway, the scale landed at 173.2 this morning, a .8 pound difference from yesterday.  Still about a pound and a half off from my current all-time low, but whatever.  It's within range.  I'm just hoping for a scale loss on Saturday to keep my trend going and prayerfully keep my motivation up.

That said, talk about motivation being up:  I can cross my legs without discomfort again, yay!  That's a huge NSV.  I'd just gotten to the point where it was decidedly not awesome when I weighed in for the first time at Weight Watchers, and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.  I still remember my high weight over ten years ago, and if I'd just let things go on like they were, I'd have reached or surpassed it again.

Oh, also!  I was down to one bra (TMI-fest today, I know), but I'm now back to having several I can wear.  This is a gigantic plus, because seriously, washing that bra every day/ every other day was getting old.

As for the Lexapro, side effects appear to be minimal.  There's the insomnia factor, and to offset that I'm strictly cutting off caffeine after my lunch beverage along with a decided limitation in caffeine consumption in the morning as well.  I don't know if it's the caffeine limitation, the red wine, or the lessening of my coughing (likely all three play a part), but as I mentioned upon opening, my sleep was almost decent last night.  I do remember getting up once, but that's not terrible by any means.

Of course, I also slept on my stupid bed wedge, and that may have played a factor in cutting down the coughing as well. 

Anyway, so far, so good.  I'm not thrilled with the uptick on the scale, but that could be caused by the change in dosage or just some non-related water retention.  I know my calorie consumption as well as my points consumption right now, and it's on target regardless of how I record foods.

We'll see how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...