Monday, June 11, 2018

Eating Out

I eat out more than I would like to at this point.  However, having done the math between a) taking time to prep my food for the week, and b) running out and grabbing something, option "B" has been taking the big win as of late.

In... what looks like about two weeks, actually, I'll start doing some basic food prep once more.  This means making something for me to pack for breakfast rather than stop off for a to-go order, and also something for lunches.  Or at least one of those things.

Today, though, it's All Takeout All the Time, and unless some weird energy surge hits tomorrow evening (I'm booked tonight until probably something awful like midnight), that will pretty much sum up my week.  So!  For breakfast, I stopped by Subway and got a Black Forest ham, egg, and cheese multigrain flatbread.  I got egg white which drops the calories to 370 rather than 410, and I also got a bag of apple slices which pushes calories back up to 405.  It's tasty, filling, and I have to admit that avoiding the saturated fat bomb that is a McDonald's hash brown is likely a step in the right direction.

Are there chemicals in it?  Sure.  Is it ideal?  Not in a perfect world, nope.  But it serves its purpose and provides, to my thinking, more real food than not.

Lunch today will be courtesy of my all-time favorite, Chipotle.  I swear, if they served breakfast I'd be there by 5:00 AM just to ensure I was at the front of the line; but alas, they do not.  Anyway, lunch today will be chicken, double fajita veg, double mild salsa, medium salsa, and guacamole.  No rice, no beans, and the protein along with the massive amount of vegetables and the fat content from the guacamole makes it a meal that sticks with me for only about 500 calories.

Here's an interesting tidbit with SmartPoints vs. calories:  The Subway breakfast is 11 SmartPoints (7 for the flatbread, 2 for the cheese, and 1 each for the egg white patty and the Black Forest Ham) and 405 calories, whereas the Chipotle bowl, although 515 calories, is only 8 SmartPoints (solely due to the guacamole).  This is part of how Weight Watchers is encouraging the eating of more whole foods rather than processed.

Also, egg whites should never be a "patty".  I know this.  That said, in light of how insane my life is lately?  Not caring either :)  Compromise is a thing, even with nutrition.  If I'm trying to eat so "perfectly" that I can't keep up with the rest of my life, there's no balance.  Balance is key.

P.S.  Somebody read my less-than-a-week-old blog?  From Alaska, no less?  Huh.  Well, howdy there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...