Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Day 15 Lexapro

This titling thing is way easy :)

Just as I predicted, the scale bopped itself up and read 173 this morning.  I'm almost at a zero on stress over it, though, because I know 100% my food intake/ caloric intake was on point yesterday; this is just a sodium issue.

Also, I utterly failed in water consumption.  I'll fix that today.  The whole "eating out" issue is not a thing, too, because I was successful in getting up, getting ready, and getting all my food fixed before I left for work today, and I made it in by 6:25.  Score!  Nothing like beating the boss into the parking lot.  Heh.

I have to admit, I'm loving my current breakfast.  I don't mind the Subway 6" flatbread with egg white, Black Forest Ham and Provolone, but the homemade version is superior.

Additionally, because it must be said again, eggs DO NOT COME IN PATTY FORM.  Yipes.

At home, the sandwich that costs me 11 points at Subway instead costs me 3 points -- one for the wrap, and two for the cheese.  Also, it's about 100 calories less than the Subway version, which doesn't hurt my feelings either.  Breakfast still ends up being about 400 calories because I eat a banana on top of my homemade wrap, but the bonus is I don't end up consuming as much sodium which means less bloat.

Lunch clocks in at five points due to the spread I use on the tortilla, but I can live with that.  Currently I'm eating the Boar's Head Jerk Turkey, a 1/2 ounce of chipotle gouda cheese, some Honeycup mustard spread on the tortilla, along with my standard sandwich toppings (tomato slices, onion, pickle, jalapeno, and banana peppers).  That with a side of blueberries clocks in, again, at about 400 calories.  Plus I get the added bonus of (once again) less sodium than my Chipotle bowl would run me, and also I don't have to leave the office and use my precious gas and time to go pick up my food.

Dinner will be zero-ish points, and since tomorrow's the fourth I may just allow those points to roll over... or not, because we really don't have anything planned for the 4th.  My older son is housesitting for his girlfriend's family, my younger son has plans with his boyfriend, and my husband is working, all of which means I will have almost the entire glorious day to myself.

I won't mind this at all :)  I love the boys and my spousal unit, and I also need a bit of time to recharge.  That, plus sleeping in because the insomnia from that Lexapro is still a thing.  It's hard to fall asleep -- this from a woman who's usually out when her head hits the pillow -- and it's hard to stay asleep.  I'm functional and not ridiculously exhausted, because I get into bed at a reasonable hour and stay there and relax even when I'm not sleeping, but I do miss my easier sleep pattern.

By "easier" I mean that whole falling asleep quickly thing, because the waking up during the night thing is normal for me.  Oh well, I'll live.

Happy 4th everyone (who's not reading this, LOL) -- be safe and have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...