Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Day 16 Lexapro

Scale was back down at 171.2 today, so the bloat was real -- it's hilarious how much my weight vacillates.  The only bad thing is I worry how this will impact future WW weigh-ins when I reach lifetime.  From what I understand, you have a two-pounds either way allowance, but the way my body likes to retain water that could get a bit frustrating.

On the Lexapro front, I'm noticing some real differences.  I actually felt like getting off my duff after I finished my lunch yesterday to take a walk, so I did!  This may sound minor, but honestly it was huge.  I've not felt like deliberately moving in a dog's age, due to a combination of injuries (my right knee and ankle loathe me) and the depression.  Yesterday, none of that was an issue so I walked for half an hour... with no ill effects today, either.  Hooray!

Also, my anxiety seems to be ratcheting down quite a bit.  We're doing some budgetary overhauling at the office, and rather than freak out over reading about direct and indirect expenses and so forth, I just sat down and read the material. What floored me is that I actually understand it.  Now granted, I've taken accounting and I'm the only person at the office who understands our billing software and so forth, but I guess I've absorbed more than I thought.  I know, again it seems minor, but I've apparently been dealing with a lot of imposter syndrome regarding my ability to do my job.  It appears I'm actually competent, though.  I guess the fact that I'm still employed should have served as a big sign that I'm not a wreck, but I'm occasionally a bit slow on the uptake :P

Lastly, I also had the realization that I'm a pretty strong person.  It sounds self-aggrandizing to say it, but I'm going to go with it.  I saw my ex-husband was abusive, and I left.  I saw the way I was brought up was rather messed up, and I chose a different route for myself and my children.  I'm not just taking the path of least resistance... I've seen places where a change is needed, and I've made it.  My therapist had pointed this out to me, but I just shrugged and said "Well, that's what you do."

Apparently it's not.  Apparently it's just what I did, and the people who manage to pull themselves out of a lifetime of toxicity are few and far between.  I'm grateful I'm one of them.  I'm also grateful I had the good sense to seek medical help for my depression, because I think this is the best decision I've made in a long, long time.

Happy 4th, y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...