Monday, July 9, 2018

Day 21 Lexapro

Today marks two weeks since I started the full dosage of Lexapro, and I definitely appreciate its effects.  I'd really like the insomnia to ease up (lordy, would I ever), but that's still a small price to pay for the improvements I've noticed even in the course of only three weeks.

As far as weight loss is concerned, Saturday morning the home scale said 170.4, which was a 0.4 pound drop from last week.  I was good with that, especially considering the holiday week and all, but when I went to Weight Watchers according to their scale I'd lost 0.6 pounds!  So, whatever.  I'm good with both :)  It's frankly impressive that I lost at all this week considering I ate like someone was taking food out of style, and also that I dropped 10 lbs. in scale weight in just three weeks.

Regardless of how small the loss this week was, I'll 100% take it.  This week my goal is to eat just within my daily points allowance, as I went out this weekend and pretty much destroyed my weekly points in one go.  So instead of doing my usual lazy Monday morning of not worrying about fixing food and just stopping at Subway for breakfast and Chipotle for lunch, I instead made my usual breakfast and lunches and will be eating at the office all week.  The one exception might be if I pick up some salmon and broccoli one day from Olive Garden, but I think it's best if I just do my sandwiches because I think eating fish at the office might well be a fireable offense.

I saw my sister-in-law today and mentioned how the Lexapro has been helping.  She's got a prescription for a different anti-depressant available to her due to the death of a close family member, and when I mentioned the Lexapro has me feeling actually motivated to get out and walk and so forth, she thought she might as well go ahead and pick it up.  I understand not wanting to necessarily rely on medication -- that's the reason it's taken me so long to move to a prescription means of helping me with my depression and anxiety -- but sometimes it's beyond helpful.  I'm grateful it exists.

Okay, back to the grind!  Y'all take care now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...