Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Day 22 Lexapro

This insomnia can stuff it.  I'm exhausted.  I think the nights where I actually get some sleep it's only because my body's desire to rest finally manages to outweigh the Lexapro's wakefulness side-effect.  Last week I had a night with three hours of sleep followed by a night with five hours, followed by a reasonable-esque night of sleep.  Last night it took me over an hour to crash out, which left me with five hours of sleep.  I'm wiped.

As for tonight?  I have no idea how much sleep I'll get.  I'm going to bed between 8:00 and 8:30, or at least laying down somewhere in there.  For weeks I've been cutting off all caffeine after lunch and limiting consumption prior to.  I don't know what else to do.  I guess I'll give it a couple more weeks until I ask my doctor about some sort of sleep aid.  Well, at least I go in to see her this week, so I'll mention the misery that is getting a decent amount of Zzzzzz's.

Food-wise, I'm doing well this week, which is a darned good thing because: see this past weekend's mass consumption of all weekly allowance points :P  I'm tracking like a madwoman, and I will absolutely be successful in holding the line or losing this week.  My only concern is we're going out with my sister-in-law either Thursday or Friday night, and that may throw a bit of a wrench into the works.  Friday night could potentially wreak havoc on my weigh-in due to sodium intake.  We'll just have to see.  I'm going to hydrate myself well and just do my best.  I'm also going to work on my brain to be flexible about what I'm eating rather than just throw my hands in the air with "Oh my goodness, it's a pizza restaurant, so I have to eat pizza!"

Seriously, I'm an adult.  I don't have to eat pizza.  Not that there's a thing wrong with it -- it's one of my favorite foods -- but it's not like it's going away any time, so I can always go back to get some another day.  I'll just have to weigh out my choice, because frankly if I get a massive pizza craving and keep denying myself, that way lies madness.

Goodness, such an uplifting post!  Sorry folks -- I know this is mindless blather, but it keeps me focused on what I'm doing, and offers the slightest bit of accountability.  Anyway, take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...