Saturday, July 28, 2018

Day 40 Lexapro

169.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh happy day, I lost a pound (which is a good, normal amount to lose past the first few weeks considering my weight), and I don't have to pile on my makeup and be all social and so forth at a meeting this morning :)  I don't know if my little half-hour lunch walks are exactly helping or not, but they're not hurting and I'm going to keep them up.

Goals for this upcoming week, starting today, include continuing my walks as previously stated, recording all my food (because even if I don't put it on my app, I'm still putting it in my body, so might as well have a record) and adding using my standing desk for at least an hour each morning.  I may do more, and I may do an afternoon shift of standing as well depending on my body.

Y'all, I am tickled pink.

I'm also looking at setting up a couple times next week to take the boys to the gym.  My older son has just a month left before we have to take him back to school, and I think he'd like me to suck it up and get him in to lift some.  That plus doing resistance training at least twice a week is important for me from a health standpoint at the very least.  The thing I hate about doing the gym is the time involved in travel, plus having to wait for folks to get off the machines.  I can do some of my workouts with free weights, and I tend to do that (because stabilizer muscles are a thing)... maybe I just need to concentrate on that.  No one is paying attention to the grey-haired woman anyway :)

Okay, three new things I'm happy about:
  • Lazy Saturday mornings :)  They're the best.
  • I was able to fall asleep pretty quickly last night, hooray!  More than 8 hours sleep, which apparently I needed
  • Date night with my husband!  The monthly drag show at a local restaurant is tonight, and we're going.  We're involved with our local PFLAG and Pride groups and like to support the community whenever possible.  The fact that tonight's support comes with massive entertainment and being surrounded with good friends and likeminded people is just a bonus :)
That's about it, folks!  Have a fantastic weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...