Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Day 51 Lexapro

Scale weight is 169.8 today, so it's doing its weird thing where it's low on Saturday morning, holds steady for a bit, spikes, then drops again.  I'm sure this is entirely related to my weekend dining habits, but frankly as long as the overall trendline with my weight is heading in a downward direction I'm fine with it.

That said, one thing I'm going to do today is watch my caffeine intake more closely.  The reason for this is twofold:  1) I'm really trying not to encourage the insomnia that the Lexapro has exacerbated, so I need to get back to consuming less caffeine before lunch, as well as my strict post-lunch cut-off; and 2) I've noticed that the more caffeine I consume, the more fluid I tend to retain.  The latter is somewhat counter-intuitive, when one considers that caffeine is a diuretic, but apparently I'm not drinking enough water which is causing my body to hold onto every drop as if I'm living in the Sahara rather than a state with near 100% humidity.  So... yeah.  More water consumption is definitely on the gameboard for today and prayerfully the conceivable future.

Other than that, all is well especially because two of my favorite authors released books yesterday, which means I was up a teensy bit late finishing the one and starting the other :)  Okay, time for three NEW things I'm happy about!
  • I'd say the books release was number one but I already mentioned it :P  Hmmm... okay, #1 will be I'm happy the scale dropped this morning :)
  • I'm happy I realized that the caffeine could be causing further fluid retention and that I'm working to alleviate that problem (although I seem to repeat this cycle)
  • I'm happy school is starting back Monday, so we can get back into the normal routine.
I believe that's it for today -- have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...