Friday, August 10, 2018

Day 53 Lexapro

I seem to be in a bit of a holding pattern with my weight, judging from how the scale has behaved this week.  This morning it was 169.8.  Bleah.  That said, yesterday I took my younger son to Subway after his school's orientation and I did NOT eat as if I were trying to lose weight.  I mean, I didn't go nuts and get a foot-long BMT with double meat and double cheese, but I did get a 6" BMT (normal meat and cheese) on the Italian Herbs & Cheese bread along with a bag of Doritos and a peanut butter cookie.

Nope, it was not my best choice by any means.  I'm sure it also caused some water retention due to the sodium in the food.  Additionally, it was my only real meal of the day.  I had a banana prior to orientation, and fruit cup at the office's normal lunch hour (Subway was at 10:30), and two cheese/meat rolls (approximately 150 calories) before bed last night, so ultimately we're looking at 1400 calories maximum, and that's guesstimating pretty high on the fruit cup.

So, really not a bad day.  On the downside, I haven't walked all week due to scheduling and so forth, so I'm not really anticipating a great weigh-in tomorrow.  But I didn't lose my mind either, so I'm going to call that a win.

This weekend is going to be a long one as I've taken off Monday and Tuesday to celebrate both my husband's birthday and our wedding anniversary.  There will be much food.  There will also be a drag queen brunch locally on Sunday, which we'll be attending as a few of our friends are performing.  Sounds like a good stop in a fabulous long weekend :)

Mood-wise I'm doing okay.  Part of me wants to up the Lexapro, but in fairness it's really doing its job well.  I am still able to turn off the endless loops of distress and put them to bed for awhile, which is helpful.  I'd rather just have that "nudge" from the medication if that's all I need.  If I end up needing more, I'll reassess.

Have an excellent weekend, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...