Thursday, August 16, 2018

Day 59 Lexapro

It's not a good night.

Our oldest dog is in congestive heart failure.  It was so bad this evening that my husband and I ended up taking him to the emergency veterinary clinic.  His heart is so enlarged it's severely impinging on his lung capacity.  We got some Lasix for him and brought him home, and thankfully it's finally making its way into his system and he's breathing more easily, but I honestly don't know if he'll make it through the night.

My poor little boy :(  He's only 10, and he's a tiny breed so I'd expected him to live longer.

So essentially, I'm sitting watch.  I'm up at 11:15 at night (my usual bedtime is 8:00 or 9:00 at the latest), and I'm staying up until I can't any longer.  My alarm's set for 4:00 AM to give him another dose of Lasix if he's still with us and see if there's anything more that's reasonable to do.  I'm up for medicating him 3x/ day, but I saw his x-rays and it doesn't look good.

I hate this.  We'll be okay.  This isn't our first pet loss... but I thought I'd have longer.  I still hope I do, but tomorrow will tell.

Hug all your babies tight, including the furry ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...