Sunday, August 19, 2018

Day 62 Lexapro

Wow.  What a difference two months makes.  I've been on Lexapro for that period of time and this morning I had a realization:  in addition to not dwelling on stuff to the point it drives me almost nuts, I can't remember the last time I had one of those "I just want to die!!!" mental wailing moments, or any time when I felt like sleeping for the foreseeable future.

This is huge.  I look back, and before going on medication I felt as if I were drowning.  Now I'm walking on solid earth.  That doesn't mean there isn't the occasional puddle, rock, or tree branch in my way.  There will always be challenges, and medication doesn't make them go away.  What it does do, however, is remove the quicksand.

I'm not perfect by any means.  I work on my mental health daily, and my general living practices as well, but things are certainly better than they were :)

On the Teddy front, he's holding steady.  Today marked the second day he refused his breakfast, but his eating otherwise (dinner and ALL THE TREATS!!!) as well as his fluid consumption and medicating him remains good.  I'm not certain the 2x/day Lasix dosage is going to cut it, but when we move up to 3x/day we know we're closer to the end.  Whichever way it works (we'll hear from the vet's office tomorrow regarding his blood and urinalysis results), we'll take the best care of him we can, and accept the decision we will likely have to make when the time comes.

Hugs, sweet boy.  Mama loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Slackitude, Batman!

Yeah, yeah, it's been over a month.  I've put weight back on.  It's hard to say exactly how much because the scale is waffling...